- Inauguration of Mumbai Chapter by Dy CM Sri Sushil Kumar Modi on 7th November, 09
- Prticipation in India International Trade Fair, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi [14-27th Nov.09] Bihar Day on 20th Nov. 09
- To give final shape to the Delhi Chapter and finalize the schedule for opening
- Preparation for Pravasi Bhartiya Divas, 2010
- Expected Date for Kolkata Chapter Opening - 25-27th December, 09 [To be finalized in Nov]
- Date for Banglore Chapter to be finalized
Friday, October 30, 2009
- Approval of UAE CHAPTER, headed by Mr. Omer Hezazin
- Approval of SOUTH KOREA CHAPTER, headed by Mr. Bibhhuti Bikramaditya
- Approval of MUMBAI CHAPTER, headed by Mr. Ravi Shankar Srivastava
- Internal/Core Group Meeting for DELHI CHAPTER at Bihar Bhawan
- Uploading of New Website of Bihar Foundation [www.biharfoundation.in]
- Coordination in the projects of two NRIs - Dr. Mahima Pandeya, UK [Health Centre at his native village in Gopalganj Dist] and Dr. Sanjay and Dr. Tina Malhotra, UK [Psychiatry Camp at Sheikhpura Dist]
Dear Shri Satyajit Singh Ji,
Warm greetings from Widnes, Cheshire, England.
Thank you very much indeed for your encouraging e mail. Simply I have no word to express my gratitude. I was on the point of giving up my dream after struggling for the last three years on this project, but your e-mail has given the fresh life to the project. This is the first time that some one from the Bihar govt administartion has contacted me about this pilot project.
I have now got your telephone no and I shall be in touch with you early next month when I will be at the medical centre in my village.
With very best wishes and kindest regards.
Dr Mahima Pandey
Founder and Chairman
Indo-British Medical Association Limited, UK
(Registered in England and Wales as a limited company)
Monday, October 5, 2009
Dear Mr. Satyajit,
Thank you very much for your time and courtesy you extended to me , when I visited your office in Patna. It was nice meeting you.
I would also like to extend my sincere thanks and admiration to you and Government of Bihar for doing everything possible in order to uplift the living standard of people of Bihar. The result is tremendous. One can see the development on all the fronts.
Good road infrastructure, reliable law and order situation, Empowerment of weaker section of society, cooperative government officials and people friendly government has given peace of mind and happiness to the people of Bihar for the first time.
I have spent almost 21 years out of India, first as student and now as an entrepreneur.
In some ways, I am also part of the initiative taken by Honorable Chief Minister and Hon'ble Dy Chief Minister to develop Bihar. My company Okpet Construction and Services Pvt. Ltd. Is constructing roads and bridges in interior parts of Bihar.
Our Charitable Trust (Madina Educational Welfare Trust) is also doing incredible job. You can visit the site to get an idea about its initiatives. http://www.mewtrust.org/
Our presence is in four continents and will be more than happy to work with your organization for betterment of the Bihari People.
We have very active presence in Bahrain, Bulgaria, Canada and United Arab Emirates.
Please let me know if I can be of any help to you.
Chief Executive Officer
Oryx Productions L.L.C.
P.O.BOX 11830, DUBAI
United Arab Emirates
Tel:+971 4 3450044, 3460060
Mobile: +971 50 4528448
Fax:+971 4 3455145
"The ambulance will be used for organizing health camps in various areas of Bihar," said Dr. Rajay Narain, the foundation Secretary, Manchester, UK.
Dr. Narain further informed that the Foundation recently took over the Karjain Health Centre in Supaul with the help of PRAYAS, an NGO, and the Government of Bihar, to provide basic health care facilities in the area.
An eye camp was organized by the Foundation last month during which 50 patients with cataract problem were operated upon completely free of charge.
The Foundation will soon launch a number of health programs to address problems related to hypertension, diabetes, and Heart Disease, Dr. Narain said.
The BDF, in the last few years, has organized several health camps and flood relief operations in Bihar.
The organization consists mainly of Biharis settled in the UK. Some of the active members are Prof. G. K. Verma, Dr. Ashok Pathak, Dr. Murli Sinha, Dr. Amit Kishore, Dr. Rajay Narain, Dr. Chhitij Mohan, Dr. Anurodh Bhawnani, Dr. S. M. S. Raza, and Dr. Vishwajeet Kumar.
The function was attended by a number of physicians including Dr. Sanjay Jaiswal (MP), Dr. Bimal Karak, BDF National Coordinator, Dr. B. B. Verma, Dr. Jaipuriyrar, Dr. A. S. B. Sahay, Dr. Anurag Verma and Mrs. Chanda Prasad.